2020 Church Council Nomination Process
The congregation is invited to prayerfully consider appropriate people to be on Church Council. If you feel that God is prompting you to nominate someone for church leadership, then fill out this form. We encourage you to have a conversation with them about the nomination, but that is optional.
Nominations open on Sunday 23rd August and close on Sunday 13th September.
Those who have been nominated will be invited to have a conversation with either Phil or someone from the Council executive who will outline the Church Council structure and expectations of a Council member.
Nominated names and short bio of each candidate will be presented to the congregation on (or the week of) Sunday 20th September.
Church Council Elections will be held online from Thursday 15th through to Sunday 18th October, 2020 (special push on Sunday 18th Oct).
2020 Church Council Nomination Form
or download .pdf form
Current Turramurra Uniting Church Council
Term Ending this year (2020) but can be renominated:
- James Morgan
- Jon Fowler
- Wayne Prowse
Term Ending this year (2020) and are retiring and not standing for re-election
- Alex Kitcher
- Chris Bosch
Term Ending next year (2021)
- Max Day
- Rob Day (Treasurer)
- Adrian Drayton
- Judy Giacometti
- Clare Heasman
- Heather Koroknay (Secreatary)
- Geoff Leslie (Chairperson)
- Ean van Vuuren
As a church we would ask of all our church councillors, as a key leader of our church, to commit to:
· A life of discipleship and deepening your personal faith and relationship with God/Jesus through spiritual practices
- Regularly engaging with the life of the church especially through a connection with a worshiping congregation
- Serving a two year term on Church Council and attend Church Council meetings though out the year (or make an apology to the CC secretary)
- Being a good and clear communication line between the Church Council and the congregation and those who are serving in ministry and mission.
- To be willing to provide some feedback to the congregation about what is happening at Church Council
- Becoming an active member of one of the Church Council subgroups.
- Serving the church or local community in at least one other area beside Council leadership
- Financially support the work of the church