Turramurra Uniting Church 2022 Thanksgiving Offering is a way of giving where you can make a huge difference in the life of our congregation and share some of your blessings with others. Church Council in consultation with Phil, Kevin and key stakeholders have come up with a short list of projects both within and beyond our congregation that are currently not resourced by our Church Budget. The idea of a Thanksgiving Offering is to see if we can fund these projects to make an immediate difference through a special one-off Thanksgiving Offering. This giving is above and beyond our regular giving to the church - we do not want members to alter their regular giving to give to Thanksgiving Offering. We encourage you to read through the projects below and prayerfully consider whether you may be able to support one or more of them financially.
For more information on any of these projects - email our minister Phil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shining our Light into our local Community
Project #1. Updating the Church Signage
Mission Objective: We have been exploring updating our church signage for a number of years, but it has not been able to be fitted into the church budget yet. This would fast-track these ideas.
- Updating our main signage to include new TUC logo and Kevin’s name. The quality of the signage (from stickers over existing signage through to electronic signage) would depend on how much is donated.
- Internal Directional signage for visitors – especially directions to office
- Screens in church foyer for use in TUC advertising / community advertising / encouragement
Updating TUC Church Signage
Project #2. Resourcing Turramurra Community Carols and Christmas Eve Workshop programs
Mission Objective: Last year we were able to meet the costs of these two important community focused programs through church funds. This year with our budget significantly tighter, we are asking for help through the Thanksgiving Offering.
- Targeted advertising of both events through Facebook and other social media platforms
- Hiring of technical equipment, especially for the Christmas Eve service
- Subsiding any shortfall in the running costs of Carols, CEW, joy events and dinners during drama rehearsals
Resourcing Turramurra Community Carols and Christmas Eve Workshop programs
Caring for Others
Project #3. Defibrillator Machine
Mission Objective: Defibrillators can be the difference between life and death. This project aims to purchase and install a St John’s defibrillator in (or near) the TUC lounge so that when sudden cardiac arrest strikes, users can access a defibrillator.
- St John G5 Defibrillator with CPR Feedback + Ready Kit
- Essential Defibrillator Bundle
Project #4 - Blessing our Missionaries
Mission Objective: While we as a church continue our regular giving towards our missionaries, this project is a way sharing a Christmas blessing with them which is above and beyond our regular giving. This Thanksgiving Offering will be split amongst our missionary families (Bickertons, Blairs and Watkins) as well as the Nimbong School project in North India and the KCEA Chaplain.
Blessing our Missionaries
Enhancing our Property
Project #5. Chapel Upgrade Stage 3 (Sound System)
Mission Objective: Over the past 4 years we have been upgrading the chapel to make it easier to use – not only for the 10:45am congregation and Night Church but also the community that use it. So far we have upgraded the organ and piano and added the large screen TV. Stage 3 involves upgrading the sound system.
- 2 Streamline speakers installed (that don’t detract from the look of the chapel)
- Amplifier which has simple microphone function but can also take a line in from a sound desk.
Chapel Upgrade Stage 3 (Sound System)
Project #6. High Tables for Back Deck
Mission Objective: Purchase of up to four (4) high tables to be used on the back deck (or lounge) to be used by people to place tea/coffee or plates while standing during morning tea or functions.