Our Square One high-school camp is back for the first time since 2019 – join us for an awesome weekend!
WHAT: Break Out, formerly Breakaway, is the annual youth camp run by Square One. For many years, it has been a great opportunity for members of Square One to go away together and hang out, eat lots of food, play some fun games and help each other grow in our faith journey. This iteration of the camp, the first since 2019, will be held on-site at TUC and will include some trips to the city, shopping centres and a bunch of fun activities to be held at the church itself. We hope this will give everyone the flexibility to pop in and out if needed.
Our values are:
- Relationship with God -> Providing an opportunity to strengthen and express our relationship with God. We want to take Jesus seriously in everything we do.
- Relationship with Each Other -> Providing an opportunity to form and enrich relationships with other high-schoolers and our leaders. We value informality and fun, with an emphasis on enjoying each other’s company.
- Inclusivity -> Providing a relaxed and open environment to introduce and discuss Christianity with all people.
WHEN: 7:15pm, Friday 14th July – 7:30pm, Sunday 16th July (last weekend of the School Holidays)
WHERE: Turramurra Uniting Church, 10 Turramurra Ave, Turramurra NSW 2074
The majority of the camp will be held at Turramurra Uniting Church, including all sleeping on Friday and Saturday nights. Other locations that we will be visiting include:
- STRIKE at Macquarie
- An immersive experience in Sydney CBD
- A game spanning across the surrounding area of Turramurra
- A bush walk through the beautiful Bobbin Head National Park
- The local cinema
WHO: The camp is open to people in Year 7-12, and anyone else who is high-school aged.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Warm and cold clothing (we’ll be moving around during the day but it gets pretty cold at night!)
- Air mattress or appropriate bedding
- Sleeping bag + Pillow
- Bible, Notebook + Pen
- Medication as needed
- Some costs will not be covered. These include STRIKE entry + food on Friday, Lunch in Sydney CBD on Saturday, and the movie ticket on Sunday afternoon. Please bring extra cash to use for these!
FOOD: The following meals will be provided and included in the cost:
- Saturday Breakfast
- Saturday Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast
- Sunday Lunch
COST: The camp will cost $50, which includes 4 meals and 2 nights of sleeping over at the church!
Please click here to be taken to the TryBooking site for registration!
For more details, please feel free to contact:
Phil Swain (Minister) – 0417123891
Kevin Kim (Minister) – 0414 746 735
Or speak to any one of the Square One leaders – Will Giacometti, Jonty Cornford, Max Day, Amy Kelfkens, and Mia Baily.