Church Council meet (via Zoom) on Tuesday evening addressing a number of important issues including exploring strategies for post COVID-19.Meeting summary:
- We affirmed the NSW Uniting Church Synod advice to not hold church services in the current level of restrictions, nor allow groups to use our premises (as the cost of deep cleaning would be prohibitive). Worship teams are now allowed to lead worship from church (if they want to) as long as they are staying within the guidelines from NSW Health.
- We had a long discussion about the impact of COVID19 and how we prepare for changes after we come back. For example, we discussed whether we should try and keep the same level/quality for our online worship and engagement, especially for the new people who have been engaging with our worship from beyond Turramurra. (Council is looking at how we can do this)
- The financial report showed we are doing ok despite the loss of rental income – largely due to JobKeeper – but we acknowledged that our budget may be tight when the government assistance finishes and we find ourselves in a possible recession.
- We noted that at this point in time, we have had to put the employment of our additional staff person on hold at least until the restrictions levels change significantly.
- The decision was made to postpone Church Council elections (normally held in May/June) and the Congregation AGM (normally held end of June/early July) for 3 months due to the restrictions. However we will hold an online congregational meeting in July to present the yearly financial information.
- We received a report from Jonty, and updates from the Management Team.
If you would like more details on any of these points or wish Church Council to address an issue – please chat with one of the Church Councillors.